Provincial Disaster Management Authority
Composition of PDMA
- Each Provincial Government shall, as soon as may be after issue of the notification under. Sub-section (1) of section 3 of NDMA Act 2010, by notification in the official Gazette, establish a Provincial Disaster Management Authority for the Province.
- The Provincial Authority shall consist of such number of members as may be prescribed and shall include as its Chairperson the Provincial Director General or Provincial Relief Commissioner.
- There shall be a Director General of the Provincial Authority, to be appointed by the Provincial Government, with the status and powers on such terms and conditions, as may be prescribed by the Provincial Government.
Mandate of PDMA
- Provincial Authority shall be responsible for implementing policies and plans for Disaster Management in the Province.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the Provincial Authority may:-
- Formulate the provincial disaster management policy obtaining the approval of the Provincial Commission.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the National Policy, National Plan and Provincial Plan.
- Examine the vulnerability of different parts of the Province to different disasters and specify prevention or mitigation measures.
- Lay down guidelines to be followed for preparation of disaster management plans by the Provincial Departments and District Authorities.
- Evaluate preparedness at all governmental or non-governmental levels to respond to disaster and to enhance preparedness.
- Coordinate response in the event of disaster.
- Give directions to any Provincial department or authority regarding actions to be taken in response to Disaster.
- Promote general education, awareness and community training in this regard.
- Provide necessary technical assistance or give advice to district authorities and local authorities for carrying out their functions effectively.
- Advise the Provincial Government regarding all financial matters in relation to disaster management.
- examine the construction in the area and if it is of the opinion that the standards laid down have not been followed and it may direct the following same to secure compliance of such standards.
- Ensure that communication systems are in order and disaster management drills are being carried out regularly.
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the National or Provincial Authority.