Provincial Disaster Management Commission
- Each Provincial Government shall, as soon as may be after the issue of the notification under sub-section (1) of section 3 of NDMA Act 2010, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish a Provincial Disaster Management Commission for the Province.
- The Provincial Commission shall consists of :–
- The Chief Minister of the Province who shall be Chairperson, ex officio.
- Leader of the opposition and one member nominated by him to be member of the provincial Disaster Commission.
- Other members to be nominated by Chief Minister.
- The Chairperson of the Provincial Commission may designate one of the members nominated under clause (c) to be the Vice-Chairperson.
Mandate of PDMC
- Subject to the provisions of NDMA Act 2010, a Provincial Commission shall have the responsibility of laying down policies and plans for disaster management in the province.
- Without prejudice to the generality of provisions specified in sub-section (1),the Provincial Commission may :-
- Lay down the Provincial disaster management policy.
- Lay down the Provincial Plan in accordance with the guidelines laid down by the National Commission.
- Approve the disaster management plans prepared by the departments of the Provincial Governments.
- Review the implementation of the plan.
- Oversee the provision of funds for mitigation and preparedness measures.
- Review the development plans of the different departments of the Province and ensure that prevention and mitigation measures are integrated therein.
- Review the measures being taken for mitigation, capacity building and preparedness by the departments of the Provincial Government and issue such guidelines or directions as may be necessary.
- The Chairperson of the Provincial Commission shall,in the case of emergency, have power to exercise all or any of the powers of the Provincial Commission but the exercise of such powers shall be subject to ex-post facto approval of the Provincial Commission.